Peanut Butter Brownie Caramelitas
- 1 cup butter melted, then cooled
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter morsels
- 1 eleven ounce bag of Kraft® Caramel Bits
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- Melt butter in microwave and set aside to cool slightly.
- Sift together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the vanilla. Add into the dry ingredients and gently stir.
- Pour the melted butter into brownie mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Spread 1/2 of the brownie batter (about 2 cups) into a prepared 9-inch square pan and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Place caramel bits in a medium saucepan and turn heat to medium-low. Add in milk and stir until all caramel bits are melted (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and add in vanilla, stir to full incorporate.
- When time is up, remove brownie from oven and cover with 1 cup of peanut butter morsels.
- Pour caramel sauce over over peanut butter morsels.
- Cover caramel sauce with remaining two cups of brownie batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until edges start to get a little dark.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, at least 4 hours.