Brownie Peanut Butter Cups
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips plus about 1/3 cup more for garnishing
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus about 1/3 cup more for garnishing
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray or grease 12 muffin cups. *Or you can opt to do mini-muffin bites and cook around 8 minutes or until center comes out clean with a toothpick test.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, butter, and water. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir in 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips until melted. Stir in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour and baking soda, stirring until blended. Allow to cool to room temperature. Then, stir in 1/2 cup each peanut butter chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spoon batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into muffin cups.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out slightly wet. Place pan on wire rack. Centers of brownies will fall upon cooling. If not, tap centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole.
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds, then stir. While brownies are still hot, spoon about a tablespoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie. Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cool completely in pan.
Read more at http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2009/07/brownie-peanut-butter-cups.html#WAKhZT0W06SZCDRe.99